Website Terms and Conditions
No Solicitation or Investment Advice
The purpose of this website (including any portion of this website available only to investors) is limited to providing you with general information on Lantern’s services and philosophy. Lantern does not render or offer to render investment advice through this website. Nothing on this website constitutes or forms a part of any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. Nothing on this website constitutes or forms any offer, or any invitation to engage in any services of Lantern.
Lantern may only transact business, offer services or render investment advice in those jurisdictions where one or more of the Lantern entities are registered and/or have made the appropriate notice filing with such jurisdiction’s regulatory authority, or where Lantern is otherwise excluded or exempted from such jurisdiction’s registration and/or notice filing requirements.
Limited Right of Use/Ownership of Contents
Lantern reserves the right to terminate at any time, and without notice, any users’ access to this website.
Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
Lantern hereby disclaims all warranties, conditions and representations of any kind with regard to this website, including any implied warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, merchantability, non-infringement of third-party rights, freedom from viruses or other harmful code, or fitness for a particular purpose.
This website and the information contained herein are provided “as is.” The information contained on this website is gathered from sources deemed to be reliable; however, Lantern does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and material contained on this website as of the viewing date and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in such information and materials. Lantern does not make any commitment to update any material or information on this website.
Lantern is not liable for any consequential, incidental, special, punitive or exemplary damages or any loss of profits arising out of any use of, or inability to use, this website or any portion thereof, regardless of whether Lantern has been apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise.
There may be legal requirements in various countries and jurisdictions which may restrict the information that can be accessed. Persons who obtain information from this website should inform themselves about and observe any restrictions imposed in the jurisdiction in which this website is accessed.
Without limitation of the other terms and conditions set forth herein, while accessing or using this website, the Content and/or the various other features available on this website, you agree that you shall not:
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from this website or Lantern;
- use, redistribute, republish or exploit any part of this website or any Content for any commercial or promotional purposes;
- obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any services available on or through this website through any means, including through means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through this website;
- engage in spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, or any other automatic or unauthorized means of accessing, logging-in or registering on this website, or obtaining lists of users or other information from or through this website including, without limitation, any information residing on any server or database connected to this website;
- use this website, the Content or its features and services in any manner that could interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair this website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this website, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers with requests;
- use this website or the Content (including by submitting Submitted Materials) to, or in any other manner, violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or rights of publicity or any other proprietary or legal right;
- upload, post, publish, distribute or otherwise transmit any information or material which constitutes or contains a virus, spyware, or other harmful component, or which contains any embedded links, advertising, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind;
- disclose any sensitive, proprietary or confidential information, about yourself or anyone else;
- attempt (or encourage or support anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with this website; or
- use this website or its services (or any Content), in whole or in part, or submit any information to this website, in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation.
Certain places on this website may include live ‘links’ to other Internet addresses can be accessed. Such external Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of Lantern. Lantern does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external Internet websites and does not guarantee or assume responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of information located at such websites, nor does Lantern warrant that such websites are free from claims of copyright, trademark, or other infringement of the rights of third parties or that such websites or content are devoid of viruses or other contamination. Use of any information obtained from such websites is voluntary, and at such user’s own risk, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness. Reference therein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Lantern. You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through such other sites.
Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright 2016 Lantern. All Rights Reserved. Lantern Asset Management, Lantern Capital Partners, Lantern Operating Partners, the Lantern logo, and all derivatives thereof, are trademarks and/or service marks of Lantern and may not be used without the express written consent of Lantern. All other marks are property of their respective owners. Any copying of information or documents published on this website without prior written approval from Lantern is strictly prohibited.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect your IP address when you access this website.
We may collect certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) about you if you contact us through an e-mail address listed on our website and submit such information. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, city, state, zip/postal code, country, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, and any other information that you choose to provide to us in your subject line and message. If you send us your resume, we naturally receive the information you include in your resume.
Registered users may access a non-publicly available section of our website that requires entry of a username and password. We collect that username and password both when you register and whenever you enter it in order to access the non-publicly available section of our website.
We collect general information about you when you visit our website, such as whether you have accessed the page before and the time of your last visit. We accomplish this through a cookie placed on your computer (see below for a description of how cookies function). Further, if you log into the non-publicly available section of our website, we separately track your navigation within that section of our website through the use of an additional cookie.